The Maristonian Inanda will be an on-site Old Boys’ home at St David’s, as well as serve as a multi-purpose education, cultural & sporting facility for the School.
The planned date to ‘Break Ground’ is June 2017 – the ‘Maristonian’ has been approved by the Marist Council in Rome and funds are required to complete the Project.
Alongside the existing College Pavilion – overlooking the First Team Rugby Field and the Hockey Astro.
Proposed Function and Offerings of the Maristonian include:
- Official ‘Home’ and meeting place of the St David’s Marist Old Boys’ Association (in terms of the Marist Old Boys’ Association Constitution Old Boys include Past Pupils of St David’s Marist Inanda, and other Marist Schools in South Africa, as well as Past Parents and Past Staff)
- A venue where Old Boys can meet to watch live sports matches at St David’s or watch big-screen sports events
- A venue which Old Boys can book for business meetings and various functions, when not in use by the School
- A venue that the School will use during the day for education, cultural and sporting requirements, including classes, the writing of exams and sports training
- A venue that can be used for Art Exhibitions and small performance pieces by the School
The Maristonian will be designed and built along ‘green building’ principles to ensure minimum impact on the environment and natural resources.
The St David’s Marist Foundation (a registered Trust (IT4826/06) and PBO (No: 930023385) will administer all funds and donations received towards the Maristonian, and donors will be entitled to receive a Section 18A Tax Certificate which qualifies them for a tax rebate from SARS of up to 10% of their taxable income per year. Should you wish to donate to the Maristonian Project please click on the ‘Donate’ button on this page or contact email@example.com for other donation channel options.
St David's Marist Inanda forms part of the legacy of St Marcellin Champagnat, the founder of the Marist Order in the 18th Century.
St David’s Marist Inanda 36 Rivonia Rd Inanda Sandton
Sally-Anne Lee at +27 11 2157691 firstname.lastname@example.org